The Adaptive Physical Education program began in 1989 and was originally sponsored through Cañada College. We are committed to our community.
Come join us for strength training, yoga, and more to improve your fitness!
News & Events
- Coming Soon: 13th Annual Active Aging Week - October 2-6, 2023
Scott Lohmann describes the offerings in greater detail here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GkKHGw-s94
This FREE week, in partnership with the Veterans Memorial Senior Center and a host of other community organizations, provides you with the opportunity to connect with old friends and forge new relationships as you participate in creative interaction that ultimately leads to a healthier lifestyle. Come join us for Active Aging Week 2023. We look forward to seeing you! Call Now to Sign Up! (650) 368-7732
Check the Schedule
- We are happy to announce that there is a new free Chair Yoga class on Thursday mornings from 11 am to 12 noon. The class will be held in the Armory Building at 939 Valota Road, Redwood City, and will be taught by Arlene McCarthy, PT, MS, DPT, RYT 200.
- Check out our New Classes - We are again the proud recipients of a community grant from the National Parkinson's Foundation! Our Gait Improvement and Mobility and Fall Prevention classes are now offered at no cost. As well, we will offer an 8-week Compassion Training Course for all caregivers or those with Parkinson's disease. That will also be free, starting January 10th. Please call Adaptive P.E. at (650) 368-7732 to register.
- In-person Class Offerings - You may join anytime
MORE DETAILS AND PAYMENT LINKS
- For those of you who wish to continue exercising indoors, in the comfort of your home, this is the perfect time to sign up for our Digital Membership!
For a modest fee of $50 per month, you will have access to any and all Zoom classes offered by us during the month, as well as unlimited access to our YouTube library, comprising almost 100 videos. You will be asked to register one time on-line for the Zoom classes. The Zoom classes are live in real time, but the YouTube classes can be viewed at any time. We now have two Zoom classes for people with Parkinson's that will remain free of charge.
- Ageless Movement Podcast on YouTube with Scott and Sang Check them out!
- Tai Chi Classes Learn More:
- Scott’s Corner: Check out Scott's health tips:
How Much Exercise is Necessary?
Preparing for Knee Surgery
How is Your Breathing?
- Check out Sequoia Strong a free resource guide to services and activities for older adults and seniors in our area. www.Sequoiastrong.org
- Please Visit Our New Home: 939 Valota Road, Redwood City, CA 94061
- Our Mailing Address: 1455 Madison Avenue, Redwood City, CA 94061