We are going to Re-Open again! We look forward to seeing everyone again!
The Adaptive Physical Education program began in 1989 and was originally sponsored through Cañada College. We are committed to our community - come join us for strength training, yoga, and more to improve your fitness!
News & Events
- Re-Opening Plan!!
We have been given the go-ahead to start offering in-person classes again!!
Our first 4-week trial will be as follows:
June 7th--July 2nd (4 week session) -- IN-PERSON CLASSES
Looking forward to really seeing everyone soon!
- For those of you who wish to continue exercising indoors, in the comfort of your home, this is the perfect time to sign up for our Digital Membership!
For a modest fee of $45 per month, you will have access to any and all Zoom classes offered by us during the month, as well as unlimited access to our YouTube library, comprising almost 100 videos. You will be asked to register one time on-line for the Zoom classes. The Zoom classes are live in real time, but the YouTube classes can be viewed at any time. We now have two Zoom classes for people with Parkinson's that will remain free of charge.
- Ageless Movement Podcast on YouTube with Scott and Sang Check them out!
- Boxing for People with Parkinson’s Disease or Neurological Conditions
Fridays, 2:00 pm., on Zoom. Join anytime! Last class is June 25th
Meet the instructor!
12 week class will be taught by Mallory Chick, PT, DPT, Kaiser Permanente
Neuro Physical Therapy Resident
Boxing is both a fun and engaging form of exercise that has been shown to be
beneficial to persons diagnosed with PD. Boxing challenges all areas of fitness
that can help reduce risk of falls.
1) Participants must be able to walk for 20 minutes without assistive device.
2) Not required for participant to be able to get up/down from floor, but there
will be movement options that include getting on/off the floor.
Please call us ahead with any questions at (650) 368-7732, or register one time
through this link and you will be sent an email with the link to join the class:
- Free Tai Chi Classes Learn More:
- Scott’s Corner: Check out Scott's health tips:
How Much Exercise is Necessary?
Preparing for Knee Surgery
How is Your Breathing?
- Check out Sequoia Strong a free resource guide to services and activities for older adults and seniors in our area. www.Sequoiastrong.org
- Please Visit Our New Home: 939 Valota Road, Redwood City, CA 94061
- Our Mailing Address: 1455 Madison Avenue, Redwood City, CA 94061