The Adaptive Physical Education program began in 1989 and was originally sponsored through Cañada College.
We are committed to our community - come join us for strength training, yoga, and more to improve your fitness!
News & Events
- Something New:
We are pleased with the response to our Zoom classes this past week, so we will continue to offer them free of charge through the end of August. If you haven't yet checked them out, this is a great opportunity to reconnect with others and get some exercise too!You can follow along, even if you don't wish to be seen by others, and you also don't need to download the Zoom app. Here is a short introduction to Zoom:
If you have any questions, or need help getting started, please contact us through this email, or at (650) 368-7732.
Here is the Schedule (choose any or all to join in):
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 10:00 am:
Meeting ID: 962 0139 7851
Tuesday and Thursday 1:00 pm:Yoga for Parkinson's with Arlene McCarthy
Meeting ID: 938 8007 9840
Tuesday 10:00 am
**Contact us for the link**
Gentle Chair Yoga with Ruth West
Thursday 9:15 am
Meeting ID: 989 1168 6625
NeuroMuscular and Parkinson's Exercise
Wednesday 4:00 pm
Meeting ID: 958 2437 4801
BY PHONE--Dial: 1 (669) 900 9128 and put in the meeting I.D. # from above when prompted, and then press the # sign. Since there is no additional code to enter, press # again when prompted. That's it!
Barbara, Scott, Patti, Sang, and Susan
- Please Visit Our New Home: 939 Valota Road, Redwood City, CA 94061
- Our Mailing Address: 1455 Madison Avenue, Redwood City, CA 94061
- From The Adaptive PE Team: Our program is currently closed due to the COVID 19 Pandemic. We have been teaching classes remotely through YouTube and Zoom. Please click on the following link to be connected: Adaptive PE YouTube Channel. We are waiting to hear from the Veterans Memorial Senior Center as to when we can physically reopen, and what those guidelines will be. We follow the daily emails from the City of Redwood City and Governor Gavin Newsom’s office. We are 100% committed to providing a safe and sanitized environment by the time we reopen. When we do reopen, the classes will be held in the National Guard Armory, just around the corner on Valota Road. This is due to the future rebuilding of the Senior Center in our current location. We are currently moving our equipment from the VMSC Wellness Building to the Armory. There is no timetable, but we are working to make sure that this move is a seamless transition, and we will ensure that everyone will have all of the necessary details ahead of time. There will no doubt be changes in the near future, but we are fully confident that we will be able to provide all of the fitness and wellness services you need. Until further notice, please continue to check out our YouTube Channel and watch the huge catalogue of videos that we currently have. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, either by phone (650) 368-7732, or email email@example.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you, and continue with all of your efforts to combat COVID 19. This is a battle, but it will be a battle we will eventually win. Thank you and stay safe!
- New Classes for Parkinson’s and Neurological Conditions - FREE - Now on Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Free Compassion Training Classes - Dates to be determined Course Overview
- Free Parkinson’s Exercises Learn more
- Sequoia Hospital’s Pulmonary Rehabilitation Maintenance Program is now offered through Adaptive Physical Education! Please call us for more information:
- On-Going Yoga for Parkinson's Classes Learn more
- Check out Zumba Learn more
- Scott’s Corner: Check out Scott's health tips:
How Much Exercise is Necessary?
Preparing for Knee Surgery
How is Your Breathing?
- Eating Healthy! Come to class and check out our fruit or vegetable of the month - recipes and samples provided!
- Check out Sequoia Strong a free resource guide to services and activities for older adults and seniors in our area. www.Sequoiastrong.org