The Adaptive Physical Education program began in 1989 and was originally sponsored through Cañada College.
We are committed to our community - come join us for strength training, yoga, and more to improve your fitness!
News & Events
- Compassion Training for Caregivers — Free Introductory Classes on April 12th and 19th on Zoom from 11:00 to 12:00
Taught by Arlene McCarthy, DPT, Neurologic Physical Therapist. More Details
For those who may not be familiar with this program, Arlene will host two introductory sessions so that she can provide more information about this program, and answer questions you may have.
This course, developed at Stanford in collaboration with the Compassion Institute, trains caregivers--family members, friends, or professionals, who may be faced with difficulty and stress. The classes are designed to develop the qualities of compassion, empathy, and kindness for oneself and for others. Those who have completed the training report that it is a “life-changing” experience. Please take advantage of this offering!
Register one time through this link and you will be sent an email with the link to join the class:
- Boxing for People with Parkinson’s Disease Friday, 2:00 pm., starting April 2nd, on Zoom
Meet the instructor!
12 week class will be taught by Mallory Chick, PT, DPT, Kaiser Permanente Neuro Physical Therapy Resident
Boxing is both a fun and engaging form of exercise that has been shown to be beneficial to persons diagnosed with PD. Boxing challenges all areas of fitness that can help reduce risk of falls.
1) Participants must be able to walk for 20 minutes without assistive device.
2) Not required for participant to be able to get up/down from floor, but there will be movement options that include getting on/off the floor.
Please call us ahead with any questions at (650) 368-7732, or register one time through this link and you will be sent an email with the link to join the class:
- For those of you who wish to continue exercising indoors, in the comfort of your home, this is the perfect time to sign up for our new Digital Membership!
For a modest fee of $45 per month, you will have access to any and all Zoom classes offered by us during the month, as well as unlimited access to our YouTube library, comprising upwards of 80 videos. You will be asked to register one time on-line for the Zoom classes. The Zoom classes are live in real time, but the YouTube classes can be viewed at any time. We now have two Zoom classes for people with Parkinson's that will remain free of charge, and they are also listed below.
If you wish to join and did not receive an invoice, please follow this link:
General Conditioning with Scott Lohmann:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 10:00 am:
Tuesday and Thursday 1:00 pm
Yoga for Parkinson's with Arlene McCarthy Tuesday 10:00 am
NeuroMuscular and Parkinson's Exercise with Scott Lohmann and Sang Pvongnak Wednesday 4:00 pm
Level 2 Circuit with Scott Lohmann and Sang Pvongnak
Tuesday and Thursday 2:30 pm
Evening Fitness with Scott Lohmann and Sang Pvongnak
Monday and Thursday 6:30 pm
Advanced Level Exercise Class for People with Parkinson’s with
Theresa Najjar (Continues Free of Charge) Thursday 9:00 am https://us02web.zoom.us/j/93174728594? pwd=K09MaE9ycDJlb0E5ak1STUQ2NTR1UT09
Meeting ID: 931 7472 8594
Seated Fitness Class for People with Parkinson's with Katie Parafinczuk
(Starts September 14th--Free of Charge)
Monday 4:00 pm
Gentle Chair Yoga
Thursday 10am – 11am
Meeting ID: 951 3979 0261
LINK TO YOUTUBE PLAYLISTS:
- Free Tai Chi Classes Learn More:
- Ageless Movement YouTube Video with Scott and Sang
- Scott’s Corner: Check out Scott's health tips:
How Much Exercise is Necessary?
Preparing for Knee Surgery
How is Your Breathing?
- Check out Sequoia Strong a free resource guide to services and activities for older adults and seniors in our area. www.Sequoiastrong.org
- Please Visit Our New Home: 939 Valota Road, Redwood City, CA 94061
- Our Mailing Address: 1455 Madison Avenue, Redwood City, CA 94061